Saturday, January 17, 2009

Toi Tas Te

Mon Oct 20, 2008, 7:58 AM

On a lighter note... perhaps not that much lighter but I'll give it my best shot. Hm it's fall here, the ground has frozen to the point of cracking and it's cold as a frozen hell over outside. I learnt being careless with the hose and getting myself wet is not a pleasant experience in this weather. I have a mix of dread and excitement over my first winter. Not like the isolation would be a problem but yeah it's just extremely odd at a primal level for me. I do not find everything dying cheerful in any way though friends keep telling me it's pretty and the trees are just sleeping. I did enjoy taking pictures in the afternoon. From the angle I took the picture the branches against the sky and the scant leaves made me think of veins and tissue if I can manipulate the colours into fleshy and blood reds. I do not have the means at the moment to do that so it's on hold. I also want to get ACID Pro for my laptop when it gets here, yes it's still gone. I might play Wrath of the Lich King since SC 2 is too far away and I've heard no great Feats from Spore. I saw a groundhog a friend's dad once told me he killed them with a BB gun but he told me they were like squirrels and I just thought well that's a tad cruel but a single BB pellet would cause fatal trauma on something as small as a squirrel so I dismissed it. Groundhogs, Ground Squirrels or Woodchucks all names for them, are almost as big as a medium sized dog so the memory of him stating killing them with pellets seems rather different and a bit worse. I took pictures of them too and of squirrels and birds and such I just want my own computer to manage them or manipulate them.

I was worried what the lack of human contact might do over an indefinate period of time but for some blessed reason I've got a friend calling me on a flawless daily basis (Why she does it I don't know, she says I'm interesting and fun, I don't get it but bless her heart) which is also in part why I haven't been writing on here besides for some vague sense of thought record keeping.

I've been reading a lot of Edgar Allan Poe stories been concentrating on the stories and not the poems. I like reading them outloud and noting down old english words. Ah well the Home Aid is here I need to go help her and such I'll finish this when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment