Thursday, January 15, 2009

Complaints

Jun 3, 2008

Yeah so I want to complain. This is purely to vent as most entries so you can, by all means, go do something more useful than read this.

Politics-

I hope Obama wins :shakefist: Get the troops home. Mcain wants to stay in Iraq and Hillary wants to continue the "War on Terror" which is the same thing but saying it in a more insulting way. As you're all stupid enough to fall for it again. I believe she's an evil wench, when someone told her to retire since Obama was ahead she remarked he was going to tour the same place where Kennedy got shot and that you never know.


Whiny I hate the world emo kids and general life view-

About all the whiny suicide kids. Suicide is the most pathetic thing a self respecting human being can do. Society crams us into little worlds. Little bubbles of daily suffering

People trample each other. Ignorant little thorns cutting into each other. it's ridiculous know how many people there are in this world? and that so many feel LONELY. It defies my logic. Until you look at the way humans interact. In this unhealthy state most people's emotional health goes downhill. The media feeds on it. The media FEEDS it as well. Pretty nice circle there.

Look at that big strong stud in that shaving commercial. You'll possibly never be like him and yet watching that everyday and having other people who feed on stereotypes expect that damages self esteem.

Look that girl, she's so skinny. Wow damn sexy. That's what guys are after. Anorexia is sexy.

These are the things the media and society reinforces into people's minds and they go with it. One big herd instinct. One fucked up, diseased, harmful, utterly wrong big herd instinct.

I sincerely doubt I'll ever change anything. Yet I try to touch the lives of those good few I find around me. Whoever was the utter and complete idiot who told me.

"There is more good than bad in the world"

Was drowning in his own ignorance. This world's fucked and going downhill and yet.

I stand and fight.

Why?

Because there is more bad than good in the world.
Because you know there needs to be change. Because it's right my friend

Because it feels good for me to say I protect what little good remains in the world. Because I've survived and I look at all the evil and filth in the world and I say screw you you'll never break me. I'm happiest when helping others, dear god some people live such dreadful lives. I can cope with suffering or loss easily but some can't. If these people are good people I feel protective and empathic.

Despair though, Not caring, ignorance. Just makes me sick. Why would you want to take your life anyway? You only get one shot at this fucked up world try to see what little beauty remains in it. Enjoy it, protect it, nurture it.

Personally i think this is all we have. Then we die and i don't think anything else happens, I quite honestly don't care what happens.

So why not do good?

I don't understand how other people live ignorant or selfish lives but then again I am possibly insane by today's standards. My views, beliefs and morals don't allow me to function easily. I don't have greed or ambition which are apparently key things. Just love and a desire to help and learn.

My history teacher who I had a crush on, other people too, have told me I should have been born in the Renaissance.

It's funny how people's mindsets are totally dependent on the part of history. If man does conquer the stars which I highly doubt. Cultures are going to be quite "weird".

Childish grownups-

Some people never grow up so you get ignorant infants in the body of a grownup running around like they own the place. Emotional and Mental maturity are very different from Physical Maturity. People like thinking them as the same thing :shrug:

Attention Whores-

I really completely find attention whores the most annoying people in the world. There are people with way more serious problems than not getting enough attention. Get over it, you're not the center of the world. Go make yourself useful. Serious problems are things *mature* people would have trouble dealing with and that's a wide spectrum. I truly don't think "I need attention now plz" qualifies in this world.

Physical Discipline-

I don't support hitting a child in anyway or form. Ground them take other action. I do agree some are too lenient but I'm still against any form of abuse That you were raised that way doesn't mean it's acceptable and right even if it has been done for decade hell people had beheading for centuries. Spank your kids or future kids or hypothetical kids all you want as long as they deserve it they aren't my kids. Discipline might be achieved through other ways.

"Spanking is by far the best method"

It's not the only way and since you have a choice I have a right to oppose it with my opinion. I'm good with kids and I can keep kids in line with friendship and a displeased stare. If you let a gap develop in the relationship the kid will see you as just another person getting in the way of what he wants and act accordingly. Nobody likes upsetting or hurting a friend though. Children aren't dogs, hell I"m against hitting dogs in the first place. I don't plan on hitting my children. Something as close and as special as a child, your child should be. Hitting shouldn't be the first and only option. You don't hit your spouse or your friends. You don't need to hit your child. Ground him yes, be angry by all means but most importantly nurture, support and teach. I've seen people with obedient children, effective parents who do not promote physical harm. I'll admit both are applicable.

But the thing is hitting isn't necessary and some parents don't know when to stop both in the age and the severity. You don't spank a 11 or a 12 year old. You slap him and swear at him. I think it leads to an unhealthy relationship regardless or not it's plausible at an earlier age. I have very little faith in responsible parents is all even more ones you're saying they can hit their children. Maybe it's personal experiences talking. You can't tell me the parent will be a perfect and fair judges. The child doesn't have a say and I won't give such trust in the parent.

Oh come on I was beaten for things I didn't do while screaming it wasn't me. I just got even more for "lying". I've had classmates come home to school with a black eye from their mothers and I see woman beating kids with shoes or way too hard in my eyes in a weekly basis. Sure it might be effective and easy. What about the don't manage it? the ones it goes overboard into abuse? At home nobody controls how far the " physical discipline" goes. Especially if you give them the green light for hitting their children how and when they see it fitting.

In my eyes when you say it's okay to "physically discipline" a child you're giving a parent the right to go as far as he wants to for as long as he wants to. Parents can be bullies. Kids get the shit kicked out of them if they have a string of failures to shape him up. What if it it doesn't shape them up. You Alienate him and he's not a child, he doesn't trust you he keeps doing whatever negative behavior in secret. I really don't think being a bully to your child is not the answer. I still say hitting him just pushes him away and that is not your job as a parent. He'll do the negative behavior hidden when he's older and not let you guide him. Sure hitting might work when he's younger and dogs but it won't work as proper or effective behavior modification with an intelligent thinking being.

I believe in having a trust/friend relationship with your child. I work with kids and I can manage them just fine once I meet them maybe there's some sort of large notable difference I'm missing out. Only one I see is that I'm not allowed to hit them at all. Call me naive if you wish hell say my approach is not giving a fuck about the child. I do get angry, I do ground them, get upset, throw a tantrum of my own but I have an open relationship with them, upsetting me does matter even more because they looks up to me. I'm hoping to be a good dad. I believe in caring so much your discipline is guidance and love, not the occasional beating.


Once again both are plausible but the "physical discipline" in my opinion is only acceptable hypothetically more often than not. If you can be a moderate and fair parents with your child in it and later on and think is right by all means I'm not calling you the devil. I'm just putting my opinion out there. Mine ain't be perfect or I'd be writing a book not posting it on forums to get flamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment