Saturday, January 17, 2009

Devious Journal Entry

Sat Aug 2, 2008, 2:18 PM

What I was informed was a silverfish is actually a house centipede I researched and found pictures. I've found two of these things which because I'd never seen them before really freaked me out. [link]

We have these back home
[link]
The house ones are puny and those back home are among the largest terrestrial invertebrate. Ironically I grew up with the huge ones so they don't freak me out the puny unknown alien thing in the bathroom really did.

I'm fascinated reading about newts and salamanders they're like half evolved fossils from prehistory.
especially these
[link]
Amazingly neat critters easy to bred and can regenerate most body parts and will take on grafts or extra parts from other mole salamanders. They're cute and I want some :3

I really miss caring for my pets or would like to see animals. I want to hold something fuzzy or scaly right now and just watch it be happy and itself. I miss my garden too and the terrariums. I feel like a druid locked in a dungeon :paranoid: not far from the truth in a metaphorical sense.

I'm reading a celtic myths book, have been for awhile. I've always liked mythology because you see the beliefs, worries, hopes well the world of the culture it came from all wrapped up in neat stories. You can see the needs of the time as the great treasure guarded by a demons. What's the tresure a pig that reincarnates overnight everytime you kill it for supper. Symbolizing the need or worry about hunting or raising animals as a culture to eat which is absent today.

I know enough psychology and symbology to interpret dreams well and a friend has taken to asking me about hers and how accurate I am, taking in consideration I know nothing of what's going on in her life currently, creeps her out badly.

I might update this later I must go to the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment