Sunday, January 11, 2009

Abortion and Teenage Pregnancy

Thu Mar 27, 2008, 9:08 PM

Abortion-

It's fine to have sex when you're ready, but you're only ready when you are sure that if a baby accidentally pops out, that you can take care of it.

I don't believe they are babies or thinking beings, they're just blobs but they have the *potential* to be babies like we all did and therefore should not be murdered.

Waving fancy legal loopholes about birth certificates and you're not a person until you have one. Fine it’s acceptable if I burn your birth certificate and then stab you to death, no? -.-

Now that said those are my general views on it for people that say it's completely acceptable and not regrettable at all.

What you have to understand is in this argument there can be no complete moral high ground or stereotype.

Teenage Pregnancy-

My best friend got pregnant in 9th grade. It's easy to judge people at a glance or situations when you're not in them. This isn't entirely centered on abortion mind you just teenage pregnancy in general.

Why did she? Because sex education is in the shitter and parents treat it as taboo, she made a mistake because of that.

Her life fell apart and I was with her while it happened that girl had enough self hate and self loathing for herself which is why then as well as now I'll rip insides out at any "Stupid Whore" comment towards her.

Being pregnant when you don't want to be is scary as hell. The boy that got her pregnant left, her parents kicked her out, the school kicked her out and she went suicidal I was with her every step of the way.

She decided to have the kid. I suggested she had it and placed it up for adoption if it was adopted that she get back to school. She declined she was going to raise it.

She was my best friend, she liked me and she loved me. I loved her too I just didn't want a relationship at that moment. After all the tears, after holding her while she cried so many times, after going through all of that I loved her even more I wasn't afraid to show it.

Ah but I was young and naive oh I was of course people noticed. My mother noticed and forbid me to ever talk to that "little slut" ever again. She took the phone away and I took her word as law.

I never saw the baby be born though a teacher came pick me up to take me to the hospital. I've always blamed myself for not dating her, none of that would've happened...

I plan to adopt kids someday.

We lost touch and she moved after awhile. Nobody from school knows to where. I hope she's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment