Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dreamland

Into the darkness I stare forevermore finding fantastic joys never felt before merely this and nothing more

I dream dreams no mortal dares to dream
Gazing beyond the ken of mortals
The mystic realm of Hypnos I invade
Through his fantasy dreamlands I hear the beguiling tapping
Planes of existence detach themselves from one dimension to resonate in another frequency only I can hear.

The silence is not broken and the whispered words nevermore this and nothing more
Into the halls of Ares I sneak, through rubble strewn battlefields and blood soaked halls
Echoing Battle shouts in the distance and the clashes of swords and shattering of shields are borne on the wind.
To the East the glowing forges of crippled Hephaestus glows eternal
This is what I see and nothing more.

Into the fields of Gaia I wandered, humid mulch underneath my feet and the smell of wet earth in my nostrils
Sweetly singing birds of unimagined colors flew high and vigorous wondrous beasts of all forms roamed the land.
Golden Rivers crisscrossed the lush hills and mighty oaks snatched my breath\
This and nothing more.

Into vast libraries I timidly walk, vast tomes and ancient scrolls surround me.
All overlooked by a statue of wise Athena.
In a grove of grapes I find myself, soft moans and the smell of wine are in the air
The shapes of frolicking of satyrs and nymphs blur around me.

Time seems to slow as if Lord Kronus toys on a whim with it.

Into the dark and cold underworld I fall, the smell of brimstone fills my nose and the fare of the ferryman I pay.

Am I living or am I dead? tell me tell me I implore!

Now I dream nevermore

No comments:

Post a Comment