Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dream with Grandpa

I had a dream which although being rather odd was comforting. Reckon it speaks of a bizarre psyche and tortured ends which wouldn't surprise me. So here's the dream, I stand in an nondescript institution with my grandfather and there's activity all around. We are approached by men in formal wear who tell me they will help if we go with them. Now an undeniably important fact is that my grandfather has shrunk in the dream. He is about 4 feet tall yet completely to scale. I pick him up and holding him in my arms follow the men out of the building.

In the car there is a dialogue which I do not remember well, I have some vague recollection of pressed need for secrecy and discretion. Then I receive a text on my phone that states simply: "You are in danger, it is a trap".

From there a sense of danger and alertness fills me from head to toe like a physical liquid fire. Nevertheless I reassure my to scale grandfather we will be alright. We arrive to an oddly nondescript warehouse with some scarce blank faced individuals wearing black body gloves going about as in a hurry. There is also a faint growling echoing from somewhere within the warehouse in a surreal way. I spy a bike sitting near me and see the gate we came through is being closed and make my move. I put my grandfather in my backpack with a hug and get on the bike and make for the closing gate.

The gate stops closing as if a miracle and I go through. Shouts and voices are heard from within and the men that brought us here speak urgently into earpieces. Then well, then humanoid mutants looking like the mix between someone extremely fat and someone extremely muscled as in patches of fat and patches of muscle make up their physique randomly. Being around 8 feet tall they come charging at us. I bike as hard as I can, it is dusk nearly night but the sky is a strange yellow. I get to a sort of employee's lounge and yell for help. Nobody seems to care, the monsters round one of those big containers you see at ports. I can't quite recall what they are called but the place is a maze made from them.

Some men shout in surprise others simply continue eating. A middle aged fellow walks up to them and says with a pure southern drawl: "You oughta ain't be chasin them-" as I round a big red container my heart swells with hope that this man can stop them or distract him for long enough.
Then I hear gristle, bone, flesh, in short the whole human body being crushed and his words cut short. I bike as hard as I can but seem to go no faster and come to a dead end with a chain link fence. I ditch the bike and climb with Grandpa at my back asking me where am I going. I tell him we will be home soon. The fence is abnormally tall as they usually are in my dreams. As I reach the top the monsters round the container and charge at us. As they're about to hit the fence I wonder if I can land well from about 20 feet and how safe grandpa would be and if I did how long the chain link fence would hold. Then think shit this is an "iffy" situation and go over the fence and start climbing down the other side.

Then my dad turned on the light and I woke abruptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment