Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life Prose (Not Current)

--Unknown time and date --

As we wander through life we define ourselves.. we refine ourselves...

We laugh on the outside, we die on the inside.... It's all an art, it's all a gamble, a drama, a comedy, a tragedy!

It's up to us to make the best of it, is it not?

To wander through life for me is to define our purpose, our passion, our love, our faith and our relationships...

Of course people can always hoard worldly possessions and use others for momentary satisfaction... as it seems to be quite popular these days... Oh woe at these days Oh dark woe

Foolish little creatures in the guise of human beings think all there is to life is themselves and that which stands against them, their greed, their satisfaction, their desires...

Existential brute infants flailing wildly with no regard for anything but themselves.

I call them infants yet pity's too good for such men and women only contempt does it for me.

Is the purpose of life truly just self satisfaction and ego feeding?

Then I apologize for I truly do not belong here

Is it so wrong to be selfless.. to have no ego? Why?

Was it always like this? or does society and greed just make a mockery out of our purpose in life.

Masks on top of masks is all we shall wear until those masks become us and we become them.

So we may walk amongst people unhindered yet dead on the inside.

Perhaps... perhaps I am an enlightened man... perhaps a mad fool... probably the latter... quite possibly the latter.

Why can't I find a purpose... why can't I find a light at the end of my tunnel?

Something to reach for, something to quiet my demons, something to give me peace.

All this pain will fade as does everything... if I just hold on bitterly won't it? Please tell me that... please...

Oh I laugh bitterly oh so bitterly

Oh I grin wickedly oh so wickedly

It can't beat me... my pain makes me who I am... Bitter... tired.. Yet better. Maybe a tad insane but regardless...

Strong and proud and for that I thank it...

I'll walk this life and I'll wait, for storms don't last forever now do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment